The following rules (the "Rules") for Suddenlink Communications' Tony Gibson Memorial Bass Tournament (the "Suddenlink Open") will be interpreted solely by the Suddenlink Open director. The Sponsors reserve the right to reject any entry that in their sole and absolute discretion feel are not in the best interest of the Suddenlink Open. Any announcements made by the Suddenlink Open director at the Suddenlink Open site take precedent over written rules. All decisions of the Suddenlink Open director are final.
1. There are three ways to enter: visit www.fishtheopen.com, mail-in, or bring your entry form to the Suddenlink Office or mail entry froms to Suddenlink: Suddenlink Communications, 4272 W. Houston Harte Expressway, San Angelo, Texas 76901. Each mail-in registration must bear sufficient postage. Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, misdirected, lost, late or illegible registrations. Mail-in registration and entry fee payment must be received by February 28, 2013 by Close of Business (5:00PM). Entry fee is $60.00 if received by 5:00pm February 28, 2013 and will be $75.00 if register after this time and date.
Late registration and check-in will be March 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM until 10:00 PM and March 2, 2013 at 5:00 AM until 7:00 AM. Each Participant must obtain a registration tag before fishing.
- Check in is located at Concho Park Pavilion, 24282 County Road 4763, Millersview, TX 76862.
- A) All state and local fishing and boating laws must be obeyed (permits are required).
- B) Boats will be required to operate running lights if on the water before or after daylight.
- C) All contestants and participants must wear a securely fastened US Coast Guard approved life vest while the main engine is running.
All boats must have an operating kill switch attached to the driver during operation of the combustion engine. Contestants and participants may not get out of the boats at any time unless an emergency occurs.
- E) All boats must be equipped with an operating live well. (An aerator in an ice chest is acceptable).
- F)No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs may be consumed during fishing hours.
- G)No fishing will be allowed within 100 yards of the hosting marina.
3. Contestants may fish out of a boat, tube, wade, or fish from shore. (Contestants shall use artificial bait only). Any persons fishing from the same boat as a contestant must be registered.
4. Fishing will be done only on the navigable waters of O.H. Ivie accessible by public boat ramp.
5. Fishing Hours are from 6:30AM to 3:00PM, Saturday March 2, 2013. Contestants may be on the water early, but may not fish before 6:30 AM start time.
6. Contestants must be in the weigh in line by 3:00PM SHARP. No late weigh-ins are permitted. Weigh-in time is 2:00 to 3:00PM.
7. Only contestants 11 years of age and younger may use live bait. Possession of live bait by contestants 11 years of age or older is grounds for disqualification. All contestants 11 years and older must use artificial lures. No trolling. Assistance with dip net IS permitted.
8. Each contestant may weigh in a maximum of five (5) fish. The five fish can be in any combination that complies with Federal or State law applied to lake O.H. Ivie slot size. All fish must be measured using a flat board with mouth closed and tail compressed. Any contestant bringing more than five (5) fish to the scales will be disqualified. A penalty of ½ pound per dead fish will be deducted from the total weight. Only Largemouth, Spotted Bass, or Smallmouth will be scored. Any contestant(s)' fish's weight will not be counted, if not checked-in by the designated check-in time. The winners will be chosen based on the combined weight of all of their designated fish. Visit www.fishtheopen.com to view a listing of prizes. Contestants in the Youth categories will not be eligible for prizes in the Adult category. Suddenlink reserves the right to award subsequent prizes based on the rules set forth above. All ties will be broken by splitting that place and, as applicable, the next one down. Additional prizes on fish size or other criteria may be awarded as available and at Suddenlink's sole discretion. Each contestant must catch his or her own fish.
9. Fish must be culled before entry into weigh-in line. No participant may enter the weigh-in line with more than five (5) fish. All fish must be brought to scales in water. No iced, frozen or pale gilled fish will be weighed.
10. Winning contestants must be present at time of awards to receive prizes or prior arrangements must be approved by the Suddenlink Open directors. If the Suddenlink Open is cancelled after the event has started, you must have a minimum of two hours of fishing to qualify for judging. The fish caught to that point will be judged as set forth above.
11. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities incurred by the contestant as a result of participation and any prize won are the sole responsibility of the contestant. No substitution or transfer of prize or cash redemptions permitted by winner. The Suddenlink Communications reserves the right to substitute a prize of like value in the event the described prizes, or any portion thereof, are unavailable for any reason whatsoever. All prizes will be awarded.
12. Any contestant may be subject to a polygraph test as required by the Suddenlink Open and must pass the test or be disqualified. To the extent Suddenlink is aware, anyone previously disqualified from any fishing tournament is ineligible in the Suddenlink Open.
13. All fish, except trophy fish ten (10) pounds or greater, become the property of Suddenlink Communications (for live release).
14. Suddenlink Communications reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone at its sole and absolute discretion.
15. Participants (16) sixteen years or younger must be accompanied by an adult or have written parental permission.
16. Contestants interested in entering the Big Bass Pot must designate one (1) fish when entering the weigh-in line, and are only eligible for one (1) place in the Big Bass Pot. The winner(s) will be chosen based on the weight of the single designated fish. In the event of a tie, the prize money will be split between the winners.
17. Entry fee is $60.00 if received by 5:00pm February 28, 2013 and will be $75.00 if register after this time and date. These amounts include the fee for the Big Bass Pot. The Youth division(s) applies to kids 16 and under. 16 and under will not be charged an entry fee. All registrations are non-refundable. There will be no name changes on entry forms after entry fee is signed and paid.
18. The Fishing Lake(s) will be off limit to contestants for fishing from 8:00AM Friday March 1, 2013 until Saturday March 2, 2013 at 6:30AM.
19. The OFFICIAL TIME CLOCK will be located at Concho Park Pavilion.
20. Suddenlink Employees and any of their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the Suddenlink Open.
21. Professional guides who have guided on O.H. Ivie in the past year, as well as any of their immediate families, are not eligible to compete in the Suddenlink Open.
22. Contestants may not fish within (50) fifty yards of another participant anchored and trolling motor stored without their permission.
23. Any protest must be made in writing and signed by the protestor and be accompanied with the boats registration number (TX Number) within fifteen (15) minutes after weigh-in closes.
24. NARCOTICS & ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: May not be consumed during Suddenlink Open hours, or afterwards by anyone who might be required to take polygraph test until after such tests are completed at the end of the day unless prescribed by a physician and reported to the Suddenlink Open officials prior to the Suddenlink Open. Contestants found or believed to be under the influence of alcohol or narcotics during the Suddenlink Open shall be disqualified. The determination that a contestant is believed to be under the influence of alcohol or narcotics during the Suddenlink Open by a tournament judge is non-reviewable and within the sole and absolute discretion of such judge.
25. Sponsors reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Suddenlink Open should any malfunction or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Suddenlink Open. All entries become the property of the Suddenlink Communications and will not be acknowledged or returned. False or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by sponsors, will render the entrant ineligible.
Winning Pick Contest
25. The WINNING PICK CONTEST (“Contest”) is open to U.S. citizens who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry and have a valid driver’s license. Employees and their immediate families (spouses, siblings, children, household members and the spouses and children of the foregoing) of Suddenlink, American Hole ‘n One and any other entity sponsoring the Suddenlink Open and/or Winning Pick Contest and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, the "Contest Entities") are not eligible to enter the Contest. By entering the Contest, participants agree to abide by all terms of the Official Rules and Regulations applicable thereto. Subject to all local, state and federal laws and regulations. Some restrictions apply. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
26. HOW TO ENTER. Anyone may register for the Contest in person during registration the day of the Suddenlink Open - March 2, 2013, 5:00 AM until 7:00 AM. All entrants names will have their name entered into a drawing after all fishing contestants have completed weigh in – at such time between 3:00 and 5:00 PM as the Suddenlink Open director designates. Contestants will need to register for the Contest during check-in. The Suddenlink Open director or his/her designee will then randomly draw one name and that person will play the contest for a chance to win the boat (the “Contestant”). In the event that the person whose name is drawn is not present at the time of the drawing, names will continue to be drawn until the picked entrant is present. Entrant must be present to win. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Contest.
27. HOW TO WIN. The Contestant must select two (2) sealed prize envelope(s) that contain an official “Winning Certificate” from a set of twenty (20) sealed prize envelopes as provided by Suddenlink, Sponsor and/or American Hole ‘n One.
- - Attempts must occur in the presence of the Suddenlink Open director and must be recorded on videotape.
- - Any attempt not made in the presence of the Suddenlink Open director or that is not videotaped for any reason will be disqualified and will not be eligible for the grand prize.
- - All provided sealed prize envelopes will be identical in size, shape, and color.
- - Each set of sealed prize envelopes will be labeled with a number to encompass the entire range of numbers from 1 to 20. No two prize envelopes will be printed with the same number within the set of 20 prize envelopes.
- - Opening more than 2 sealed prize envelope(s) for any reason will disqualify the contestant, and result in an immediate claim denial.
- - In the event a contestant does not select the 2 sealed prize envelope(s) that each contains a “Winning Certificate”, their contest attempt is ended and there will be no further opportunity to win the grand prize.
-If the 2 sealed prize envelope(s) do not each contain a “Winning Certificate”, the contestant will win the sum of the dollar amount listed on the non-winning certificates. Dollar amounts to be listed on non-winner certificates are $250, $300, $350, $400 and $500. If only one “Winning Certificate” is selected, it is worth $500.
In the event any particular set of twenty (20) sealed prize envelopes is found to contain more than two (2) “Winning Certificate(s)” for any reason including due to an error in their preparation or due to any type of tampering, that contestant’s attempt is void. The contestant will be entitled to re-attempt the contest, and will be provided a new set of sealed prize envelopes for their re-attempt.
28. WINNING PICK PRIZE. One (1) grand prize winner will receive a 2013 Skeeter ZX200 boat w/ 200 HP Yamaha motor and trailer. The approximate market value (“AMV”) of the Grand Prize is Forty Thousand Dollars ($40,000.00).
29. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities incurred by the Contestant as a result of this contest and any prize won are the sole responsibility of the winning participant. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance are the responsibility of the winning participant. No substitution or transfer of prize or cash redemptions permitted by winner. The Contest Entities reserve the right to substitute a prize of like value in the event the described prize, or any portion thereof, is unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
30. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS. By entering either the Winning Pick Contest or the Suddenlink Open, participants grants Suddenlink, American Hole ‘n One and any other entity sponsoring the Suddenlink Open (“Sponsors”) and/or Winning Pick Contest the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, voices, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sponsors and all matters related to the Contests in any manner or medium, throughout the world in perpetuity. Winner, winner’s parent or guardian if a winner is a minor, may be required to sign affidavits of eligibility, tax acknowledgement forms, liability releases and, except where prohibited by law, use of name and likeness releases (“Winner Documents”) and return within ten (10) days of issuance. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification. Return of the prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate may be selected at the Sponsors’ discretion. In the event the winner declines the prize or fails to return completed releases, Sponsors may elect, at its own discretion, to select an alternate winner. By entering, participants agree to release the Sponsors from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity. The Sponsors expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prize awarded. In the event more winner notifications are issued, or more winning prize claims are received, than the number of prizes set forth in these rules due to computer, printing, seeding, human, or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from all eligible prize claims for the prize(s) at issue to award the proper number of prizes as set forth in these rules.
In the event of sabotage, acts of God, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Suddenlink’s reasonable control which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Suddenlink Open or the Contests, Suddenlink reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Suddenlink Open and/or the Contests. In the event of cancellation, prizes will be awarded from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. Notice of cancellation will be posted at Concho Park Pavilion, 24282 County Road 4763, Millersview, TX 76862.
31. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any participants and Sponsors con shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Texas. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
32. Winners List. For names of winners, send a self-addressed envelope by 3/2/13 to: Suddenlink Communications, 4272 W. Houston Harte Expressway, San Angelo, TX 76901.
33. Contest Sponsor/Administrator. The Suddenlink Open and the Contest are administered by Suddenlink Communications, 4272 W. Houston Harte Expressway, San Angelo, TX 76901.